We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The most typical sweet of Spanish gastronomy during Carnival and Holy Week is fried milk. A recipe with simple ingredients that children will love for its creamy crunchy texture, as well as that they can help in its preparation.
Fried milk is a very traditional sweet, which is usually taken at Carnival and Easter, and which children love for its mild and sugary flavor. The ideal complement for the fancy dress parties of these days.
- 1 l. milk
- 100 gr. cornstarch
- 250 gr. of sugar
- 2 lemons
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 eggs
- Olive or sunflower oil
- Sugar (for coating)
- Cinnamon (to batter)
Tip: you can also use vanilla to flavor instead of cinnamon
1. Put the milk to heat in a large pot (reserving about half a glass, which we will use to incorporate the cornstarch) with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel.
2. Leave over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil, and at that point remove it from the heat. Cover the casserole and leave the milk with the cinnamon and lemon for half an hour.
3. Pass the milk through a strainer to remove the cinnamon and lemon, put it back into the pot and leave it over low heat. Add the sugar and stir slowly until well dissolved.
4. Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold milk that you had reserved and add it to the mixture. Leave over low heat for half an hour, stirring so that it does not stick and thicken.
5. Pour the fried milk into a rectangular mold, so that it is at least 1 cm. High. Put it in the fridge for at least three hours, until it has set.
6. Heat plenty of oil in a frying pan. Cut the fried milk into squares, pass it through flour and egg and add it to the pan when the oil is hot. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
7. Take out the fried milk and let it drain on a plate with kitchen paper. Pass through a plate with sugar and powdered cinnamon while it is hot.
Here you have more Carnival recipes for children and traditional Easter recipes.
You can read more articles similar to Homemade fried milk for Carnival, in the category of Desserts and sweets on site.